Loading

Pink and Purple Penguin Party



Once a month I have a few of my daughters' little friends over for a craft day.  My girls love doing crafts, and having a day set aside on the calendar helps keep me accountable to prepare some fun things!  This month we used craft day as a good excuse to have a special winter party!  
Last year I saw some cute penguin wrapping paper that inspired this whole party.  I've been gathering pink and purple penguin items for several months and had a great time seeing it all come to life! 

Please enjoy our Pink and Purple Penguin Party! 



I shared my color and theme ideas with Fresh Chick Design Studio, and they created an adorable set of invitations and party printables to pull together the theme!  A few days before the party I got to work on some fun penguin cookies.  I loved how they turned out!


The treats table included...
Polka-dot cups with fresh fruit
Jars of pretty candy


I decorated two styles of cupcakes, some were topped with paper toppers from Fresh Chick Design Studio, others were topped with delicate royal icing snowflakes (how-to here).


I made cute cookies to pull the theme together.  I used my favorite Sugar Cookie recipe, and I'll share all the decorating how-to's later this week.


(Left) One of my favorite holiday treats, Coconut Snowballs.
(Right) Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes.


Fresh fruit in adorable little treat cups (from Pretty Little Party Shop)


Cute little penguin figurines (my husband found for me at Hobby Lobby) look quite happy surrounded by sweets!



In addition to the sweets table, I set up a table for guest to enjoy their snacks, and work on crafts I'd prepared.  Crafts included an ornament (shown by Joy below), and a penguin note card.   


Each place setting included a cute penguin cup (from Wal-mart), and a favor bag labeled with their name.  The favor bag included a little notebook, mini pen, and candy stick.  I included tiny vases of pink gerbera daisies along the table.


The girls enjoyed an afternoon of sweets, crafts, and friendship!


Party credits
Set up and styling ~ (Glory Albin) Glorious Treats 
All desserts ~ (Glory Albin) Glorious Treats 
Photography- Gene Chutka

All the details...
Invitations, printable cupcake toppers and labels- Fresh Chick Design Studio
Pink striped treat bags- Sweet Estelle's Baking Supply
Pink polka-dot fruit cups- Pretty Little Party Shop
Penguin drink cups- Walmart
Hanging paper snowflakes- Luna Bazaar

*Feel free to pin images from this site, but please do not re-post (blog) any images without permission.

Follow RecipesDream